Tekdata in brief
We are a company that specializes in sheet metal, we aim to become a destination of choice for the creation of your plans, prototypes and parts, in order to bring new projects to life. We offer creative solutions, demonstrating constant innovation, accurate documentation and monitoring. We base our actions on high quality standards and on sound human resources management.
We are currently looking for that rare gem that will save us time and money.
What is expected of this position, we want someone who is enthusiastic and resourceful who will be able to negotiate new agreements and prices for each of our projects, sometimes you will have to work under pressure and in teams.
Your involvement in this role includes supplier management and category development under your responsibility.
What we have to offer
A teamwork atmosphere with dynamic, experienced, and passionate colleagues, where everyone’s contribution is recognized, and personal initiative is encouraged.
A work environment that promotes work-family balance by offering flexible hours
Permanent position Monday to Friday (Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Friday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
A competitive salary based on your experience as well as benefits after a probationary period.
A complete gym at your disposal
Your role and your main responsibilities
Working in close collaboration with the engineering team, the purchasing manager ensures the adequate supply of the material necessary for the realization of projects and establishes solid business partnerships based on trust with suppliers established everywhere. in the world.
Your job will mostly consist of developing business relationships with new suppliers. You will also be responsible for negotiating purchase contracts (determining the price, terms of payment and delivery terms, etc.).
In addition, you will be called upon to analyze and optimize current purchasing contracts and to propose more advantageous alternatives with other suppliers, if they exist.
Specifically, you will:
– Establish and maintain solid business relationships with current and potential key partners and, on a regular basis, assess the quality of their service (delivery time, quality of products delivered and service), define the problems encountered and propose solutions and improvements.
– Participate in the development of procurement strategies and their implementation, particularly with the engineering team regarding material requirements during the development of new projects.
– Validate the compliance of purchasing contracts with agreements made with suppliers, process complaints, non-conformities and returns.
– In collaboration with the operations team, you will follow up on meeting deadlines for planned deliveries to meet deadlines.
– Ensure that the replenishment of equipment is adequate to maintain the inventory according to the objectives set, participate in periodic accounts and annual inventory taking as well as provide support for procurement activities when necessary (place orders, ensure their treatment, order of modifications, etc.); and
– Perform all other tasks related or relevant to procurement activities, depending on the progress of projects and / or the emergence of new opportunities.
Your strengths and your profile:
– Have at least three (3) years of experience in a purchasing position, preferably in the sheet metal industry or have related knowledge in the field of the business
– Have a good knowledge of suppliers established in the Montérégie and in Montreal
– Imperative bilingualism (French and English).
– Good knowledge of the MS Office suite (an asset).
– Knowledge of ERP systems (PME SYMBIOSE) (an asset).
– Basic knowledge of mechanical engineering (reading assembly drawings) and / or interest in learning.
The candidate must also have the following qualities:
– Demonstrate autonomy and resourcefulness.
– Have an excellent sense of organization allowing him to lead several files simultaneously and manage priorities effectively.
– Have excellent negotiating skills and an approach
– Positive attitude oriented towards obtaining results, problem solving and customer satisfaction; – Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team in a constantly changing environment
– Have a valid driving license Salary according to experience Job type: Full time, Permanent
- Life insurance
- Drug insurance
- Flexible hours
- Monday to Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Friday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.) The buyer’s schedule will be discussed.